martedì 31 gennaio 2012

Sex, Lies, and Global Warming

On Wednesday the 25th of January 2012, about a week ago, a group of 16 smart guys joined their energies and signed a letter on the local paper to express their new, different point of view...


While I'm writing my disconnected thoughts, it is heavily snowing out of the window.
Actually, it is snowing all over the Italian peninsula, and I had to delay to better days my intention of pruning the olive trees of my grove.

The weather has been a bit strange, lately... isn't just me telling so...
Unusual dry condition somewhere; heavy rains somewhere else; freezing cold where it should be nice and temperate; melting where it should be freezing!
As a simple country guy, I can only watch to the sky and listen to the weather forecast; then, the only thing to do is adapting the clothes to the situation.

What I'm guessing is how Mr Gore (yep! right him, the philanthropist...or politician, if you prefer) will adapt his suit to the new situation; in fact, the mentioned group of 16 smart guys didn't wrote on a simple local paper; they choose instead the Wall Street Journal to express their common opinion.

Their headline simply stated:
No Need to Panic About Global Warming


Well! Cheers for that guys! Thanks for telling us! Finally!

Literally, in the past decade or so, a full ocean of ink as been used to fill papers and magazines with bullshit over and about the global warming; trillions of fonts have been typed on keyboards to describe the devastation of our planet because of the rising temperatures; millions of public dollares have been spent for conferences, meetings, summits where the Planet Earth leaders have discussed about...what?

Taxes...easy!

We do not have to be surprised if, in the majority of the situation, Culture, Science, and real Thinking People obey to Power; we have to pay attention instead when Thinking People disagree with Power; and it has to be our primary duty recalling when the last time in our history was that a group of intellectuals and scientist publicly opposed the government's picture. Got it?

So, I would like to thank you, Mr Zichichi, for having publicly broken the silence around the giant lie of Global Warming; and together with you the other 15 scientists who signed the document; it was just in time, and necessary!

I also would like thanking Mrs Ilde, possibly the oldest lady of my village (96 just turned in December), and surely, because of her arthritis,  the best weather forecast editor available in the region!

I'll thank the weather tomorrow when, still in bed because of the snow, I'll share and enjoy some intimate moments with my wife, without feeling any guilt for our extra CO2 emission...

















Nessun commento:

Posta un commento